- Start Automating in Knackly
- Variable Formats
- Working with Variables
- App Intake Options
- Browser Designer
- Word Designer
- Adding Variables to your Word templates – Video
- Creating a New Template in the Word Designer – Video
- Using the Options in the Word Designer – Video
- Installing the Word Designer Add-in
- My Knackly Word Designer Doesn’t Log In
- Inserting Docx templates within a Docx template
- Trouble Shooting Word Add-in Designer
- Indenting Variables in Microsoft Word
- PDF Designer
- Filters and Functions
- Advanced Operators and Expressions Guide
- Relevancy Guide
- Formula Reference
- Date Calculations
- HotDocs to Knackly Functions
- List Functions
- Date Formats
- Text Functions
- Using Knackly Queries
- Using the date.today() Feature
- Using _app for hiding and showing labels, help text and text blocks in layouts
- Date Calculation Examples
- Finance Functions
- Order of Operations Guide
- Math Functions
- Knackly Formula for Totaling Costs in Tables
- Creating Multiple Documents From a List
- Using Your Data
- Date Forumlas
Date Calculation Examples
If you want to calculate an age to be used in various situations. Here is how you do it.
This example is for an age calculation to be used to determine if a child is a minor. This same process can be used for other age calculations as well.
First, in the Person Object make sure you have a BirthDate variable created.
Second, go to the Formulas tab and Create a new number formula called Age
Third, in the expression field type date.age(BirthDate)
Now in your document, you can create a true-false statement like this.
- Guardian Provisions
- 1.1.1. Appointment of Guardian
– If my spouse predeceases me or dies after my death without having made provision for the custody and care of our minor children, then I appoint my the following individuals in order of the list to serve as Guardians. Neither of my Guardians shall be required to give bond or furnish surety in this or any other jurisdiction.
This will only pull in this provision into the document is there is a child under age 18.
Here is a video on how to do it.